- Keep a safe distance between cars. (a minimum of one vehicle length for every 10 Mph you are traveling) Following too close is easily the number one crash contributor in Joplin. It’s no contest between other factors, so put some distance between you.
- Leave a few minutes early and expect some congestion.
- Don’t be distracted. There are a lot of cars on the road, so give it your full attention. You can text, call, eat, or check your hair later!
- Slow down, take your time, don’t be aggressive…. That causes crashes, we know!
- Don’t pull out and drive down the center turn lane while trying to merge. It’s a turn lane, for left turns!
- Watch the stoplights. When it turns RED, STOP!!! No, seriously, Stop!
- If you are in a crash and no one in any of the vehicles are injured, move your cars out of the road if they will drive. Secondary crashes have a higher injury rate statistically, so let’s keep everyone safe.
- Don’t follow too close, put some distance between you can the car in front. It’s so important, it deserves a repeat!
We hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday season. These tips will help you do just that!