Saturday, October 25, 2014

Carl Junction motorcyclist killed in two-vehicle accident

A Carl Junction motorcyclist was killed in a two-vehicle collision 4:48 p.m. Saturday on Joplin Street one mile south of Carl Junction.

According to the Highway Patrol report, a 2005 Ford Taurus driven by Ashley LaRose, 30, Carl Junction, was northbound on Joplin Street and made a left turn into the path of a 2007 Suzuki motorcycle driven by Tylin J. Smith, 20, Carl Junction.

Smith was killed, while LaRose suffered minor injuries, and two passengers in her car were also injured, with Mason Scott, 9, Carl Junction, suffering serious injuries, and Noah Soriano, 8, Carl Junction, sufferring minor injuries. They were taken to Freeman West Hospital, Joplin.

The fatality was the 80th this year for Highway Patrol Troop D.

3 comments:

  1. I taught TY and am very saddened by his passing. He struggled a bit his senior year, but we all knew he would do whatever it took, because he loved his child and wanted to set a good example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is getting ridiculous this is at least the fourth death this year of a motorcyclist getting killed by a driver...I ride my Harley almost everyday and everyday I have to avoid getting run over you have to ride to survive around here people will look right at me and go ahead and turn in front of me or pull out in front of me...I ride with a high beam light on and 2 floodlights people just don not give a damn I guess they figure you will stop fast because you don't want to get hit they need to start handing out some manslaughter charges to these careless drivers

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will miss you tylin you were a great dad and try will miss you dearly I just wish people would really pay attention to what they are doing when driving its not fair that this family has to go through this and losing him at such a young age people please watch what you are doing

    ReplyDelete