Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Construction on I-44/I-49 Interchange near Joplin to begin March 2

(From MODOT)

Construction on New I-44/I-49 Interchange
Near Joplin Scheduled to Begin Week of March 2


Jasper County - Work on a new interchange at I-44/I-49 and Prigmor Avenue (Jasper County Road 190) near Joplin is scheduled to begin the week of March 2, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.

The new interchange will be east of Exit 11 on I-44/I-49 (where I-49 turns south toward Arkansas) and will provide direct access to the Crossroads Business and Distribution Park at Prigmor Avenue north of Route FF.

Traffic Impacts:
Narrowed lanes on I-44/I-49 for the duration of the project.
Closing of the current Prigmor Avenue (Jasper County Road 190) bridge during construction of new bridge and interchange over I-44/I-49 later in the project.
Some brief closings of I-44/I-49, mostly at night.
Occasional short-term lane closings on I-44/I-49.

Project Background:
Build interchange at Prigmor Avenue (Jasper County Road 190) over I-44/I-49 with ramps connecting to the interstate
Build roundabouts on each end of bridge over I-44/I-49 to connect ramps to Prigmor Avenue
Resurface Prigmor Avenue between new interchange and 7th Street (Route 66) to the north
Prime Contractor: Emery Sapp & Sons, Inc., Columbia
Total Project Cost: $8.6 million
Completion Date: November 1, 2015

Additional funding for the project comes from Jasper County, City of Duenweg and MoDOT Economic Development funds awarded to the City of Joplin.

The interchange project was a major factor in attracting the Blue Buffalo pet food plant to the Crossroads Business and Distribution Park in Joplin.

No comments:

Post a Comment