Monday, September 18, 2023

Dr. Blake Loy joins staff at Cox Barton County Hospital


(From Cox Health)

Cox Barton County Hospital, one of the top rural hospitals for quality and patient experience, is pleased to welcome Dr. Blake Loy to its hospital medicine team.

Family practice physician Dr. Loy joins the hospitalist team of Dr. Joshua Williams and Kortni Snook, nurse practitioner, in providing and managing care for patients in the hospital with a wide variety of injuries and illnesses.








If the last name “Loy” sounds familiar, it’s because Dr. Clinton Loy, Dr. Blake Loy’s father, is a physician in the emergency room.

“I consider myself very lucky to be working with my father,” says Dr. Loy with a smile. “My dad is my best friend and one of the wisest people I know.”

Dr. Loy jumped at the opportunity to work at Cox Barton more than two years ago while he was in medical school.

He says he is eager to concentrate on the humanistic aspect of medicine and is ready to put his training in family medicine into practice.








“People are people; they are not a disease process or a laboratory value,” says Dr. Loy. “My training allows me to bridge the gap between inpatient and outpatient care.”

Dr. Loy says he is aware of the challenges of general practice and is looking forward to partnering with community physicians to protect his patients' long-term health.

After spending most of his life in Kansa City, Dr. Loy says, "I like the pace and culture of rural America." I can spend more time getting to know my patients and coworkers in a smaller hospital system.”

Dr. Loy values being close to family and anticipates spending more time with them now that they have recently moved to southwest Missouri.

In his spare time, Dr. Loy enjoys playing the guitar, woodworking, cycling, and spending time with his wife and five daughters.

No comments:

Post a Comment