Monday, January 30, 2017

JFD responds to electrical fire at 130 N. Jackson

(From the Joplin Fire Department)

The Joplin Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at 130 N Jackson on Saturday, 28 January, at 2:34 AM. The first crew arrived at 2:38 AM and found a single story wood frame home with light smoke showing. The occupant was standing in the front yard and stated that smoke was coming from his back bedroom. Crews entered the structure and used a Thermal Imaging Camera to find the fire in the attic above the living room. Crews were able extinguish the fire and used salvage tarps to cover the area. The fire was declared out at 3:00 AM and crews remained on scene until 4:14 AM.

The structure was occupied by James L Roush and owned by Sharon Worden.

There were no injuries to civilians or firefighting crews.

The fire department responded with 6 apparatus and 17 personnel and was assisted by the Joplin Police Department and METS Ambulance Service.

The fire was ruled accidental, cause was electrical.

No comments:

Post a Comment