Monday, November 27, 2017

Harry S Truman Elementary in Webb City named Distinguished Title I School

(From Webb City Schools)

Harry S Truman Elementary in Webb City was recently identified as one of Missouri’s Distinguished Title I Schools by the National Title I Association.

Each year at the National Title I Conference, schools from all across the United States are recognized as Distinguished Title I Schools. Each state has the opportunity to identify two schools as Distinguished Title I schools through the use of three categories. The three categories are:

1. Exceptional student performance for two consecutive years

2. Closing the achievement gap between student groups

3. Excellence in serving special populations of students (e.g. homeless, migrant, English Learners, etc.)

Harry S. Truman Elementary has been chosen through category 1.

Truman Elementary will receive a certificate of recognition and a personalized banner for the school. Additionally, Webb City administrators will attend a conference in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment