Friday, July 7, 2023

Traffic delays expected tonight on eastbound I-44 near Joplin


(From MODOT)

TRAFFIC ALERT: Expect Traffic Delays at Night on I-44 in Jasper Co. Friday, July 7 at Exit 18

Where: Eastbound I-44 in Jasper County between Missouri Route 249 (Mile Marker 12) near Joplin and the I-44/I-49 interchange (Exit 18) at Fidelity

When: For a short time beginning at 11 p.m., Friday, July 7

What: Eastbound traffic slowed to allow crews to shift eastbound traffic into the driving (right) lane while contractor crews continue making repairs to the bridge








Traffic Impacts

Eastbound I-44 on-ramps CLOSED at these locations for the duration of the traffic shift:Prigmor Avenue-to-eastbound I-44 (Exit 13) at Joplin

Eastbound Missouri Route 66/Business Loop 44-to-eastbound I-49 (Exit 50) east of Joplin

Law enforcement will slowly lead eastbound I-44 traffic through work zone at the I-44/I-49 bridge at Fidelity

Drivers will experience delays while contractor crews shift the single-lane eastbound I-44 traffic from the passing (left) lane to the driving (right) lane

Once the contractor finishes work to the eastbound bridge, both eastbound lanes will be reopen to traffic by the evening of, Saturday, July 8

When both eastbound I-44 lanes are reopened to traffic, the contractor will immediately move to the westbound bridge, reducing westbound traffic to one lane while repairs are made to that bridge







The clover leaf ramps at the I-44/I-49 interchange (Exit 18) will remain CLOSED

No signed detours

Signs and message boards will alert traffic approaching the work zone

Drivers urged to consider alternate routes

Check MoDOT’s Traveler Information Map for road closings/traffic impacts

Weather and/or scheduling conflicts could alter the work schedule.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad they can't eliminate the clover leafs at the I49 interchange exit 18...it is such a traffic hazard...getting on or off...needs to go..

    ReplyDelete