Thursday, May 7, 2015

MODOT offers Crossroads Interchange update

(From MODOT)

Crossroads Interchange Construction
Update for Week of May 11, 2015
 
Work scheduled:
  • Pour concrete for new off- and on ramps on eastbound I-44/I-49 at Prigmor Avenue (CR 190) during overnight hours May 13 and May 14
  • Grade rock and dirt for new I-44/I-49 lane addition and south roundabout on Prigmor Avenue (CR 190)
  • Build new bridge column in I-44/I-49 median
  • Finish construction of retaining wall on south side of I-44/I-49
  • Build retaining wall on north side of I-44/I-49
Traffic Impacts:
  • One eastbound lane of I-44/I-49 CLOSED at Prigmor Avenue (CR 190). Work hours: 6 p.m. to 7 a.m., Wednesday and Thursday, May 13-14.
  • Prigmor Avenue bridge (CR 190) CLOSED over I-44/I-49 until fall.
    • 20th Street on the north end of the bridge expected to remain open until mid-May.
    • Driveways and business entrances accessible on either side of the closing.
  • Apple Road CLOSED at Prigmor Avenue (CR 190) for duration of the project. Drivers can access Apple Road via CR 180 and CR 170 north from Route FF (32nd Street).
  • Narrowed lanes on I-44/I-49 for the duration of the project.
  • At least one lane of traffic open in each direction on I-44/I-49.
Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule.
Project Background:
  • Build interchange at Prigmor Avenue (Jasper County Road 190) over I-44/I-49 with ramps connecting to the interstate
  • Build roundabouts on each end of bridge over I-44/I-49 to connect ramps to Prigmor Avenue
  • Resurface and add two foot shoulders on Prigmor Avenue between new interchange and 7th Street (Route 66) to the north
  • Prime Contractor: Emery Sapp & Sons, Inc., Columbia
  • Total Project Cost: $8.6 million
  • Completion Date: November 1, 2015
  • Partnership Project: Jasper County, City of Duenweg, City of Joplin, Crossroads Business and Distribution Park

No comments:

Post a Comment