Saturday, June 20, 2015

MODOT offers Crossroads Interchange update

(From MODOT)

Crossroads Interchange Construction
Update for Week of June 22, 2015
 
  • Bridge girders being installed for north half of bridge over I-44/I-49 between 7 p.m., Sunday, June 21 and 6 a.m., Monday, June 22. One eastbound and one westbound lane closed. Expect some traffic slowdowns and short-term traffic stops.
  • One eastbound and westbound lane closed between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m., each night between Sunday June 21 and Friday, June 26 for installation of permanent traffic barriers and building of forms in preparation for pouring of concrete bridge deck over I-44/I-49. Expect some traffic delays.
Work scheduled:
  • Install bridge girders on north half of bridge, Sunday, June 21
  • Placement of permanent traffic barrier, Tuesday, June 23
  • Grading north side of I-44/I-49 to prepare for widening
  • Build forms to prepare for pouring of concrete bridge deck
  • Backfill widening of eastbound I-44/I-49
  • Seeding area around widening of eastbound I-44/I-49
  • Build barrier wall on eastbound and westbound lanes of I-44/I-49
Traffic Impacts:
  • Nighttime traffic slowdowns and short-term traffic stops on westbound I-44/I-49 at Prigmor Avenue (CR 190) Sunday, June 21 for bridge work
  • Nighttime lane closures in eastbound and westbound lanes of I-44/I-49 at Prigmor Avenue (CR 190) June 21-26 for bridge work and installation of permanent traffic barrier
  • 20th Street at Prigmor Avenue (CR 190) CLOSED for duration of the project
  • Prigmor Avenue bridge (CR 190) CLOSED over I-44/I-49 until fall.
  • Apple Road CLOSED at Prigmor Avenue (CR 190) for duration of the project. Drivers can access Apple Road via CR 180 and CR 170 north from Route FF (32nd Street).
  • Narrowed lanes on I-44/I-49 for the duration of the project.
  • At least one lane of traffic open in each direction on I-44/I-49.
Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule.
Project Background:
  • Build interchange at Prigmor Avenue (Jasper County Road 190) over I-44/I-49 with ramps connecting to the interstate
  • Build roundabouts on each end of bridge over I-44/I-49 to connect ramps to Prigmor Avenue
  • Resurface and add two foot shoulders on Prigmor Avenue between new interchange and 7th Street (Route 66) to the north
  • Prime Contractor: Emery Sapp & Sons, Inc., Columbia
  • Total Project Cost: $8.6 million
  • Completion Date: November 1, 2015
  • Partnership Project: Jasper County, City of Duenweg, City of Joplin, Crossroads Business and Distribution Park

No comments:

Post a Comment