Monday, July 30, 2018

Gravestone installed for Ryder Potts, five months, after drive spearheaded by Newton County deputy

(From the Newton County Sheriff's Office)

Today the gravestone for Ryder Jay Potts was installed at the cemetery. This is the stone we asked for community donations in a post on May 3rd.

The following is from the Deputy who championed the project:
(he wished to remain nameless)

“I wanted to say a very special thank you to Clark Funeral Homes of Neosho who were so wonderful to work with all the way through this. A member of their staff went out of her way; aiding me by providing dual, matching, photocopies of transactions and itemized deposit summaries to help ensure that donations were being handled responsibly.

Another member of Clark's staff made a trip out her way to the Newton County Sheriff's Office to meet with Ryder's family to help assist them with selecting the design of the grave marker which couldn't have turned out more beautifully.

I want to thank Sheriff Jennings for allowing us to use the Newton County Sheriff's Office Facebook page to help raise funds; without this tool, we wouldn't have accomplished our goal.

I also want to thank each and every one of you gracious people who made a donation. Whether you pulled your soda change from your pocket and placed it into a donations bucket or mailed a large check, you good Samaratins made this happen. Your selflessness will certainly pay off in Heavenly rewards.

I have been asked many times by several people why I was doing this. That is a question I had much trouble answering the first few times; I really had no reason. It was just the right thing to do. At some point, it occurred to me that it is okay not to have a reason to do the right thing. God put me in a position to see the saddest of situations and with that God also provided me a platform to be heard. Both of those are major reasons that this was possible. We all know someone who needs help in some way. Each one of us also has a platform to be heard.

I would like to challenge every person that reads this to use your platform and share an act of kindness with someone in their time of need within the next thirty days. When asked why, unashamedly say that ‘it is the right thing to do.’”
























No comments:

Post a Comment