Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Location changed for Crossroads Interchange groundbreaking

(From MODOT)

NEW LOCATION - Groundbreaking Ceremony for
New Crossroads Interchange in Joplin Set for March 26

Joplin - Due to a wet weather forecast today, the groundbreaking ceremony to mark construction of a new interchange at I-44/I-49 & Prigmor Avenue (Jasper Co. Road 190) near Joplin is moving, the Missouri Department of Transportation said.

The groundbreaking will now be held near the intersection of Apple Road & Prigmor Avenue (County Road 190). The event remains scheduled for 10 a.m., Thursday, March 26.

Please approach the site from Route FF (32nd Street) and County Road 180. Travel north on CR 180 approximately one mile to Apple Road. Turn left on Apple Road for approximately one half mile to the groundbreaking site.

The interchange will be east of Exit 11 on I-44/I-49 (where I-49 splits off from I-44 and turns south toward Arkansas) and will provide direct access to the Crossroads Business and Distribution Park.

The $8.6 million project - known as the Crossroads Interchange - features a new bridge over the interstate, replacing the current one at Prigmor Avenue, with single-lane roundabouts at either end of the bridge.

Traffic Impacts:
Nighttime lane closings on I-44/I-49 in the area of Prigmor Avenue. Work hours 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Narrowed lanes on I-44/I-49 for the duration of the project.
At least one lane of traffic open in each direction on I-44/I-49.

Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule.

Project Background:
Build interchange at Prigmor Avenue (Jasper County Road 190) over I-44/I-49 with ramps connecting to the interstate
Build roundabouts on each end of bridge over I-44/I-49 to connect ramps to Prigmor Avenue
Resurface and add two foot shoulders on Prigmor Avenue between new interchange and 7th Street (Route 66) to the north
Prime Contractor: Emery Sapp & Sons, Inc., Columbia
Total Project Cost: $8.6 million
Completion Date: November 1, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment