Monday, April 20, 2015

MODOT offers update on Crossroads Interchange construction

(From MODOT)

Crossroads Interchange Construction
Update for Week of April 20, 2015
 
Work scheduled:
  • Drive bridge pilings on north side of I-44/I-49
  • Build retaining wall on south side of I-44/I-49
  • Grade rock and dirt for south roundabout on Prigmor Avenue (CR 190) south of I-44/I-49
  • Install barrier wall in I-44/I-49 median
  • Relocate guard cable in I-44/I-49 median
Traffic Impacts:
  • Eastbound and westbound left lanes of I-44/I-49 closed. Work hours: 7 p.m. to 6 a.m., Monday-Wednesday, April 20-22.
  • Prigmor Avenue bridge (CR 190) CLOSED over I-44/I-49 until fall.
    • 20th Street on the north end of the bridge to remain until early May.
    • Driveways and business entrances on either side of the closing.
  • Apple Road CLOSED at Prigmor Avenue (CR 190) for duration of the project. Drivers can access to Apple Road via CR 180 and CR 170 north from Route FF (32nd Street).
  • Nighttime lane closings on I-44/I-49 in the area of Prigmor Avenue. Work hours 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
  • Narrowed lanes on I-44/I-49 for the duration of the project.
  • At least one lane of traffic open in each direction on I-44/I-49.
Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule.
Project Background:
  • Build interchange at Prigmor Avenue (Jasper County Road 190) over I-44/I-49 with ramps connecting to the interstate
  • Build roundabouts on each end of bridge over I-44/I-49 to connect ramps to Prigmor Avenue
  • Resurface and add two foot shoulders on Prigmor Avenue between new interchange and 7th Street (Route 66) to the north
  • Prime Contractor: Emery Sapp & Sons, Inc., Columbia
  • Total Project Cost: $8.6 million
  • Completion Date: November 1, 2015
  • Partnership Project: Jasper County, City of Duenweg, City of Joplin, Crossroads Business and Distribution Park

No comments:

Post a Comment