Sunday, August 6, 2017

Freeman adds neurohospitalist

(From Freeman Health System)

Freeman Health System announces the addition of Dr. Sulaiman Iftikhar to Freeman Hospital West. He is the first and only neurohospitalist in the region. As a neurohospitalist, Dr. Iftikhar will care for hospitalized patients with or at risk for neurological disorders and disease.

After receiving his medical degree at Army Medical College in Rawalpindi, Pakistan, Dr. Iftikhar completed residencies in internal medicine and neurology at University of Tennessee Health Science Center/College of Medicine in Memphis, Tenn.

“I want my patients to take an active role in their own treatment plan,” said Dr. Iftikhar. “I help guide them through the process so they can make the right decisions. When my patient leaves the room, I want them to leave with a smile, feeling satisfied that I was able to help them.”

Dr. Iftikhar’s expertise allows him to treat patients in a hospital setting who may have neurological complications from stroke, traumatic injury, cardiovascular complications or other conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment