Wednesday, June 20, 2018

MSSU Board of Governors elects officers for 2018-2019


(From Southern News Service)

The election of officers for the 2018-19 year was among the agenda items for the Missouri Southern State University Board of Governors meeting on June 14.

Glenn McCumber, who was appointed to the board in 2013, spoke about his two-year tenure as board chair before votes were taken.

“I want to thank the board for allowing me to serve in this position for the past two years,” he said. “Great things are going on at Missouri Southern and I believe there’s a world of opportunity waiting for us.

“This university is a very special place to me. It gave me the chance to have an education and for that I will always be grateful. I want to thank everyone at the university – the faculty, staff and administration – for working with me.”

Bill Gipson, who was appointed to his first term on the board in 2017, was elected chair. Alison Hershewe, who joined the board in 2015, was named vice-chair.

Laura Boyd was re-appointed to serve as board secretary, while Linda Eis was re-appointed as treasurer.

In other business, several faculty promotions were announced by Dr. Wendy McGrane, associate vice president for academic affairs.

Dr. Tim Wilson, chair of the Criminal Justice Department, was named associate professor and also awarded tenure. William Pinet, associate professor of Computer Information Science, was named full professor, as was Frank Pishkur, head of the Art Department.

No comments:

Post a Comment