Thursday, May 31, 2018

Three people receive medical attention after high levels of carbon monoxide detected in Joplin La Quinta Inn pool

(From the Joplin Fire Department)

On Thursday, May 31, 2018, at approximately 1:07 PM the Joplin Fire Department responded to a report of a strong natural gas odor coming from the fitness center of the La Quinta Inn, 3320 S South Rangeline Road. The crew arrived on scene at 1:11 PM and detected high levels of Carbon Monoxide in the area around the pool/fitness center. The source was isolated to a pool heating element. MGE secured the heating element. Three people were treated on scene and released. Units remained on scene until 2:27 PM

The Joplin Fire Department responded with 2 units and 5 personnel and were assisted by the Joplin Police Department and METS Ambulance Service and MGE.

For any additional information, please contact the La Quinta Inn.

No comments:

Post a Comment