Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Ribbon-cutting ceremony planned for Crossroads Interchange

(From MODOT)

A ribbon-cutting ceremony is planned to mark the end of construction of the new interchange at I-44/I-49 & Prigmor Avenue (Jasper Co. Road 190) near Joplin.

The ribbon-cutting is scheduled for 2 p.m., Monday, November 2 at the northeast corner of Prigmor Avenue (CR 190) and Apple Road in Joplin.

The interchange is east of Exit 11 on I-44/I-49 (where I-49 splits off from I-44 and turns south toward Arkansas) and provides direct access to the Crossroads Business and Distribution Park.

The $8.6 million project, a partnership with Jasper County, City of Duenweg, City of Joplin and the Crossroads Business and Distribution Park, features a new bridge over the interstate, replacing the former one at Prigmor Avenue, with single-lane roundabouts at either end of the bridge.

Project Background:

• Built interchange at Prigmor Avenue (Jasper County Road 190) over I-44/I-49 with ramps
connecting to the interstate

• Built roundabouts on each end of bridge over I-44/I-49 to connect ramps to Prigmor Avenue

• Resurfaced and added two foot shoulders on Prigmor Avenue between new interchange and 7th Street (Route 66) to the north

• Prime Contractor: Emery Sapp & Sons, Inc., Columbia

• Total Project Cost: $8.6 million

• Completion Date: November 1, 2015

• Partnership Project: Jasper County, City of Duenweg, City of Joplin, Crossroads Business and Distribution Park

No comments:

Post a Comment