Wednesday, September 30, 2015
Crowder College activities report
(From Crowder College)
Roughrider Student Activities
· Blood Drive in Student Center, Oct. 13, 10am-2pm. Open to anyone.
· Fall Graduation and Transfer Fair, Oct. 13, 10am-2pm in Wright Conference Center on the Neosho campus. Find out more about Transfer opportunities and complete Graduation application. For more information contact Beth Gandy: 417-455-5618 or email: ElizabethGandy@Crowder.edu
http://crowderathletics.com/sports/msoc/2015-16/scheduleRoughrider Soccer will play at home Saturday, Oct. 3, 2pm, vs St. Charles, then travel to Metropolitan Community College – Blue River, Oct. 6, at 7pm. For a complete schedule go to:
· Roughrider Softball & Baseball are in their fall scrimmage season. Find out more at: crowderathletics.com
· The Roughrider Women’s Basketball team will kick off their 2015-16 season with a scrimmage, Sunday, Oct. 4, in Overland Park, KS. Official season opener is Wednesday, November 4, at home vs. Allen County, 6pm. For a complete schedule go to: http://crowderathletics.com/sports/wbkb/2015-16/schedule
Campus Community Events
The Longwell Museum will be closed September 11 –
· Crowder College Board of Trustees Meeting, Sept. 28, 10am, in the Fireside room located in the Student Center on the Neosho campus.
· Crowder College Foundation will hold the Scholarship Banquet, Monday, Oct. 12, 5:30pm in the Bob Sneller Gymnasium. For more information call 417-455-5646 or e-mail: Foundation@Crowder.edu
· Judy Haas Smith book signing event, October 15, 5-7pm, in the Longwell Museum. Larger Than Life The Legacy of Daniel Longwell and Mary Fraser Longwell is the title of the biography written by Smith. An interview between Smith and Dr. Methvin will take place followed by book signings. Books will be available for purchase that evening for $20, with $10 being donated back to the museum. Make plans to attend.
· Crowder College Theatre presents The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Oct. 15-17, in the Elsie Plaster Auditorium. Watch for more information!
http://southwestmissouriartalliance.webs.com/20th Annual Thomas Hart Benton Art Competition, Oct. 10. The exhibit will be on display Oct. 10-25, in the Longwell Museum located inside the Elsie Plaster Community Center. For more information go to:
· Show Me Crowder Day is Oct. 21. Potential students and parents will be treated to special tours and information about the college. To register go to: http://www.crowder.edu/admissions/show-me-crowder/
· Crowder College & Drury University are participating in the 2015 Solar Decathlon in Irvine, CA, Oct. 8-18. Currently the team is reassembling the house for the competition. Follow their progress and cheer them on at: